Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lotawata Creek Southern Grill

(Please excuse the shoddy pictures on this one, I came unprepared and only had my cell phone >_< )

After piloting a run for Kindred Hearts Transport, we happened to drop off our charge at exit 12 in Fairview Heights, right across from Lotawata Creek Southern Grill.



My husband had gone a few weeks ago with another Boy Scout leader, and came home with a hug leftover portion of Chili Cheeseburger Horseshoe, which took both of us to finish, not to mention what he had eaten int he restaurant.  So today we couldn't help but stop and see what other massive meals they had in store for us.  I was not disappointed!


Creek has a HUGE selection of menu items, and just like the server's shirts say, "Warning! This ain't no chain restaurant, we serve real food!"  And lots of it.  They start you out with fantastic homemade rolls that you practically need two hands to eat, with what I have to assume is also housemade butter, regular and honey cinnamon.  Amazing.


Everything is big here.  Kevin ordered the Philly Cheese steak Cheeseburger Horseshoe this time, and the massive plate is built more like a bowl in an attempt to hold everything in.  I had a shrimp Po' Boy, which beside being the best I've ever had, came so big the massive amount of fries came on a second plate.


Needless to say, I ate the sandwich and a handful of fries before I had to throw in the napkin.  Not to mention I could barely fit it in my mouth.


Prices are pretty good too, the three of us ate for about $45.00, but keep in mind we ate the leftovers for supper, and still had some left!  We will definitely be going back, our server was great, the food was wonderful, and my husband and son slept most of the way home from good full bellies, with the car smelling like french fries.



You can view the menu and salivate over food pictures here:
http://www.lotawata.com/

And here's how to get there!

Exit I-64 at exit 12

Take a right at the light and go to the next light and turn right onto Salem Place


Follow the crowd ... they lead to Lotawata Creek in Fairview Heights.



No comments: